Hello My Old Friend

Of tomato soup and eating raw meat
Black Eyed Susies and Black leopards
And to never give the gift of fireworks on a birthday in July
Some things the mind doesn't remember so well, what the hell
But in the heart continues to grow, the love of a Friendship from long ago


So hello from the other side
I must've called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry, for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home
Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore



Related Posts: Ode to Friendship of Yore
Eric Clapton - Hello Old Friend

0 Comments With Humanity:

1

© BindingInk.org by Jeane Michelle Culp (ndpthepoetress) All rights reserved. Powered by the Milk of Human Kindness

DISCLAIMER:

All pictures featured on BindingInk.org belong to their respective owners, unless otherwise specified. The page owner doesn't claim ownership to any of these photos. If you see your picture featured here and don't want it to be, message BindingInk.org with the link and the photo will be removed immediately.