Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cleopatra African American Heritage

"Cleopatra may have been part-African and not Greek Caucasian, according to a British TV documentary to be shown this month." - Discovery Channel (read full article)

"The queen's sister Princess Arsinoe, found in Ephesus, Turkey, indicate that her mother had an "African" skeleton." - BBC News (listen to full audio)

Cleopatra, "in Saqqara, on Jan. 6. Queen Seshestet (2323-2291 BC), ruled Egypt as the first pharaoh of the 6th Dynasty." - Netscape

Currently, "Archaeologists in Egypt are about to start excavating a site that they believe could conceal the tombs of Antony and Cleopatra." - Giles Coren Times Online



"Cleopatra was immortalized by Shakespeare in his play Antony and Cleopatra and played by Elizabeth Taylor." - Answers.com
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

jolenesiah said...

thats something new!

P.S: how ru ?

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Hi jolenesiah who is multi-talented in writing poetry, helping to support especially the tigers, and finding time to have somewhat of a personal life to enjoy shopping and watching tv :)

I miss you!

Thanks for keeping in touch and wondering how I am doing. Things with me are as usual, ug. PPH (Piss Poor Health), mine and almost everyone in my Family :( But I keep hope alive.

Know I appreciate you jolenesiah and hope you have a fantastic week!

Facebook

Featured Post

I Believe

I believe above is reserved for the Sun, Clouds, and doves Moon and Stars, planets like Mars And if I could stretch beyond the blue, per...