Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Geronimo

Geronimo

Oh how my bones rattle in the grave, when you call my name
Awww to know my life was not lived in vain
Up above, the sounding whirl winds blow
And with bated breath, one leap of faith; I hear the mighty shouts, Geronimo
Oh upon such a day, whence you reach that veil between Heaven and Hell
Thence as you slip into that vast abyss, not knowing which way you go
I hope, with your final breath, you find the same strength to shout with glee, Geronimo
I am free, I am free; let it be.



©written by ~ndpthepoetress Michelle Culp, creator of Humanities IDEAS (Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, Acceptance, Solidarity for all Humanity)
©A777pc3zn412022

November is designated as National Native American Heritage Month.  

Geronimo (1829-1909) was an Apache leader and medicineman.
"Geronimo was the leader of the last American Indian fighting force formally to capitulate to the United States. Because he fought against such daunting odds and held out the longest, he became the most famous Apache of all."

art by Mimì, 'the artist behind MimiPrints. An anatomy painter and medical  watercolor illustrator.'
,




Facebook Humanities IDEAS , Be A Part of Humanity, not apart.

No comments:

Facebook

Featured Post

I Believe

I believe above is reserved for the Sun, Clouds, and doves Moon and Stars, planets like Mars And if I could stretch beyond the blue, per...