Friday, December 25, 2015

I Believe, Do U!?

I believe above is reserved for the Sun, Clouds, and doves

Moon and Stars, planets like Mars
And if I could stretch beyond the blue, perhaps touch Gods’ hand too.

I believe below whence water flows with youthful woes

Of innocence gone as age has marched on

There transcends our Once Upon a Time Childhood Friends

Maybe where Sindbad the Sailor crossed or perhaps where City of Atlantis is lost

There Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, Jack Frost, Frosty the Snowman are standing on wharfs

As The Gingerbread Man, Hansel and Gretel run to greet us as fast as they can

We see Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty each with their own fella

The Old Woman Who lived in a Shoe, Puss in Boots, The Elves and the Shoemaker have good news

The Billy Goats Gruff, the Three Pigs, Three Blind Mice, along with Goldilocks and the Three Bears want to prove they weren’t a bluff

The Ugly Duckling is inside Atlantis with The Phantom of the Opera, Beauty and the Beast - all chuckling

And the sweet Tooth Fairy still leaves coins as a treat.

United at last is The cow who jumped over the moon, The cat and the fiddle, and The dish who ran away with the spoon

Hickory dickory dock, that dang mouse won’t stop fiddling with the clocks

Jack be nimble Jack be quick and Little Jack Horner continue to do their tricks

While The Little Men dance with Little Red Riding Hood, swim with The Little Mermaid, and court The Little Women

The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs and Humpty Dumpty play pegs

Dumbo and Pinocchio speak their own mumbo jumbo

The Princess and the Pea, Johnny Appleseed, and Jack with his Beanstalk are a glee

Things are a spinning as Rapunzel and Rumpelstiltskin are a grinning

Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Tom Thumb, Thumbelina want us to join them soon as we can

Along with Alice, to sip tea with the Easter Bunny in the Atlantis Palace.

Of all this I do not doubt, so let me just point out
I believe in Santa Claus too, do you?

© - Jeane Michelle Culp (#r3779xy1988CC€)

8 comments:

Francis Scudellari said...

Wow, what a magical inventory. Beliefs don't come easily to me, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised one day when I'm proven wrong.

Cooper said...

Having spent at the very leat a year beibg called Alice in Wonderland or Not, of course I believe.

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Hi Alice in Wonderland or Not, I see someone has been practicing believing “as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” :)

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

My Friend Francis (franscud), a possible Doubting Tom? And just in time for St. Thomas' Day on December 21. I hope when this date arrives you won’t be a Thomasfaulpelz (lazybone ); the last person to get out of bed, cause you might be ‘pleasantly surprised” to recall that this is “also the day of the winter solstice, the year's longest night and shortest day.”

Mimi Lenox said...

I believe in all of the above - especially Santa. Thanks for reminding me of magic in the midst of my crazy life. That's what counts. Isn't it?

Francis Scudellari said...

The day before, Dec. 20, is another special day, but you'll have to wait to see why ... stay tuned :).

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Mimi Lenox You are indeed a Fairy Godmother of Earth, only instead of turning a pumpkin into a coach as in Cinderella– you help turn the Globe into Peace. And what a wise Fairy Godmother you are to decipher between my written lines, for yes without a doubt tis the season of magic. Magic In The Air Magic EveryWhere!

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

As a child, many of us were read Fairy Tales and told as we slumbered off in bed that we would have to wait for the rest of the story til another night. Well franscud, don’t leave us in suspense! Give a hint, please, please….

Facebook

Featured Post

I Believe

I believe above is reserved for the Sun, Clouds, and doves Moon and Stars, planets like Mars And if I could stretch beyond the blue, per...