Wednesday, February 04, 2009

How You Can Help Operation Morning Star


Quoted: Radio Show on Feb. 5, 1510 AM, the program Total Health Hosted by "Coach K" Rob Kingsbury in Kansas City at 2:15 p.m to talk about Operation Morning Star "Economic Development Program" on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation this summer.

You can listen live, call in with questions, and learn how to help put this program in place by donating monies for purchase of animals and plants for this project. Purchased will be food producing plants, rabbits for meat, poultry for meat and eggs, trout aquaculture, and more. This project will start in one village with the goal of expanding according to resource contributions and participation of the community.

We will have a guest from Pine Ridge to discuss the importance of producing food from a First Nations perspective including how to preserve these foods as well as discussing how healthy food production can combat the epidemic of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to listen to this but I will be at work (the job that pays me real money! LOL!)so I won't be able to. I hope they get allot of help from this.

I have something for you at my site.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Thank You AngelBaby for your interest in this important cause. I can understanding having to work, or rather I wish I could since we have recently been laidoff. I want to personally Thank You AngelBaby for your beautiful award! However; it is your continuous thoughtful and considerate love and support that continues to give me strength and hope! Hugs from the Universe my Blog Sister!

Facebook

Featured Post

I Believe

I believe above is reserved for the Sun, Clouds, and doves Moon and Stars, planets like Mars And if I could stretch beyond the blue, per...