Saturday, September 09, 2006

Blogger in Beta - Beware!

Mystery solved! Thanks to Rhubard!

The foreign language I thought was in my Blog Post edit isn't bad! From Rhubard:

It's just standard "dummy text." Filler, if you will. See
Lipsum for more information.

Rhubard

Hey Readers, Rhubarb's sight has lots of "HELPFUL PICASA LINKS".


October 1, 2006

What the tee-total heck! I went into my layout - Add and Arrange Page Elements. Under Blog Post edit the post body has this:

Post Body
Lorem ipsum vim ut utroque mandamus intellegebat, ut eam omittam ancillae sadipscing, per et eius soluta veritus.

I hope that foreign language isn't saying anything bad or full of curse words! Does anyone know what it says? Or why it is in a foreign language?

Does anyone elses Blog Post edit say this?

September 27, 2006
The 404 errors continued sporadically, especially linking to individual posts. On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, I again went to Talk To Us and filled out the form. Although the problem was again resolved immediately; today-three days later, The Blogger Team was at least nice to e-mail me the following:

Thanks for letting us know about this bug with Blogger in beta. We'll look into it and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Also today, the test Comment I posted on my Blog, Saturday, September 23, 2006 finally arrived in my e-mail for my moderation. Well, at least we know that the ‘Blogger Team’ is working vigilantly on the glitches involved with the Blogger in Beta, while being courteous enough to acknowledge us Guinea Pigs.

No sooner then I posted this and went to view my blog, guess what! Yes:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the bindingink.blogspot.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.



HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer
--------------------------------------------------------------------
BBB!

September 22, 2006 Blogger in beta Beware update:

Glitches continue as several 404 Errors are displayed. Have you gone to your Blog site only to find the 404 message? What are our Readers to think, we've abandoned them! When will Google ever resolve this!

Every time I see the 404 Error, I immediately go to Talk To Us and fill out the form. The problem is resolved within minutes. Only for the exact same issue to occur again and again!

Original Post (September 09, 2006):

We know wwww. However; are you familiar with the three b's? Well; after reading my below post, you'll understand why I call this new version, BBB (Blogger in Beta Beware):

Wow, what a stressful week! Some people under similar circumstances have said, if one more thing happens, I’m going to totally loose it. Unsure what that means; without a doubt, I was about to find out. For the straw that broke the camels’ back came at me from a bundle of hay spun in cow manure and left out in the pastures to bake in the hot sunlight for weeks. The straw pierced my last fragile nerve, however; guess what! I didn’t loose it! Someway instinctively, as if a matter of survival; I knew to just hang on. Because realistically, my familiar world wasn’t in fact ending; it just felt that way. Kinda like the kids’ poem Lion Hunt or various other versions Bear Hunt…:

“…Can't go under it
Can't go around it
Have to go through it…”

So what happened? The worse case scenario, an alert for all Readers, especially us Blog inkers. Blogger has a new version in the makings, currently available as Blogger in beta, combining all your Google accounts, e-mail, groups, Blog, etc. into one Google grasp. I read the information; basically all Blogger accounts will sooner or later, be switched over to the new version. In view of that, I decided to enroll now. Then out of the blue, I forgot my Password! I could not log in to my Blog! No, I didn’t have my password written down somewhere. How many of us really do that any how. Plus, if the password were written down, I without doubt would just as likely have problems remembering where I put that piece of paper. Besides, with the original Blogger, this had never been a problem. So I requested assistance from Blogger, only to receive this in my e-mail, “This account has already been switched to the new version of Blogger in beta. Please remember, to access your dashboard you will need to use your Google Account and password to sign in. If you need help with your Google Account password, please click on the following link: http://beta.blogger.com/forgot.g. Sincerely, The Blogger Team”.

Yikes! That didn’t sound good and sure enough, it wasn’t. According to Google password recovery procedures, “We've sent instructions to the secondary email address you provided during signup. If you don't have a secondary email address, or if you no longer have access to that account, please try the 'Forgot your password?' link again after five days. At that point, you'll be able to reset your password by answering the security question you provided when you created your account. To prevent someone from trying to break into an account you're actively using, the security question is only used for account recovery after an account has been idle for five days. The Gmail team cannot waive the five day requirement or access your password under any circumstances. If you're unable to answer your security question or access your secondary email account, we regret that the Gmail team cannot provide further assistance.”

What! I never provided a secondary e-mail address when I signed up for Gmail. In addition, what if that was my only e-mail account, why would I have a secondary e-mail address? Five day waiting period! Furthermore; I can’t remember my password and they want me to remember the answer to my Security question! The Gmail team regrets that they cannot provide further assistance, how about my regrets. My Blog gone forever! Death via absent mindedness, how devastating.

Preparing for the ultimate demise, I asked my Roommate to suggest a name for my new Blog. Answer, unbinding ink. Not funny. However; before retiring for the night I prayed, God please help me remember my password. I usually don't get small Prayers answered. Or as the saying goes, God answers all Prayers, if it seems like a Prayer wasn’t answered, then the reply was most likely, no. Well I at least asked. And I kid you not, right before waking up, I saw a vision of the last time I logged onto my Blog, Sept. 4. I knew my password! I got up - wrote it down, turned on the computer. I almost was like, well this isn't going to be the password either, who am I kidding. Oh us Doubting Toms, Pessimists. This was indeed my password! Could I take this as a sign that God means for me to write, or is at least supportive of my writing? Oh, good old serendipity! I’ll leave that for another posting. Meanwhile; I highly suggest, do have and always provide a secondary e-mail address! Do write your passwords down, some place secure and where you can find them quickly. After all, God is busy!

Wow, what a stressful week! Please, could a Reader pass me the ice cream! Thanks!

Known Issues for Blogger in Beta

The latest on what's still a problem, what's getting fixed, and what's been taken care of, direct from the Blogger team.

No comments:

Facebook

Featured Post

I Believe

I believe above is reserved for the Sun, Clouds, and doves Moon and Stars, planets like Mars And if I could stretch beyond the blue, per...